VLSP welcomes attorneys, paralegals, law students, other legal professionals as well as volunteers who do not have experience in the legal industry. Interpreters, particularly in the areas of Spanish and American Sign Language, are welcome to share their expertise with VLSP.
VLSP is primarily a volunteer-based organization that assists clients in two ways:
- Referring clients to attorneys for direct representation. VLSP’s pro bono cases awaiting placement can be found on our monthly Third Tuesday List.
- Providing legal advice and form completion services at one of our legal clinics
Volunteers are welcome to choose the pro bono opportunity that best suits their needs and interests. VLSP also seeks volunteers to provide support to VLSP's staff attorneys. Our goal is to make volunteering a satisfying experience that will work within your busy schedule.
Here is information regarding short-term pro bono opportunities for...
- Attorneys, licensed out-of-state
- Attorney Emeritus Program Brochure - AEP Website
- Law school graduates
VLSP offers volunteer opportunities to law students who wish to donate their time and learn about the pro bono legal services community by:
- Assisting advocates with legal research and drafting court documents
- Authoring materials for use in new substantive areas of representation and developing pro se materials for client use
- Attending court with our advocates
- Assisting VLSP staff and clients at clinics
- Working with pro se clients on debt resolution, preparation of health care directives, and estate planning
If you are interested in becoming one of our volunteers, please contact Sheila A. Gaddis, Esq., Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-232-3051.
Please access the Pro Bono Net, Finger Lakes website for additional information about how you can get involved in the Rochester/Finger Lakes area.
2013-2014 Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County, Inc. | Legal Disclaimer