Other Areas Where VLSP Can Help
- Landlord-Tenant - when a landlord seizes your personal property
- Real Estate, for example deed transfers, Habitat for Humanity closings, foreclosure, land contracts
- Tort Defense - for defendants only, sued for personal injury or property damage
- Estate administration for estates of limited value
- Wills, powers of attorney and health care proxies for people with HIV/AIDS or serious illnesses
- Micro-Entrepreneur Pro Bono Program (MPBP) provides pro bono (free) legal assistance to low income individuals who wish to start or develop businesses in economically distressed neighborhoods, through representation by transactional attorneys. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Not For Profit Pro Bono Program (NFPPB): Provides pro bono (free) legal assistance to community organizations who cannot afford legal services. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Immigration: VLSP helps unite and keep together families of U.S. citizens and permanent residents by obtaining immigration status for their family members. The legal representation provided by our volunteer attorneys includes applications for U.S. citizenship, permanent residence status, fiancé visas and special immigration juvenile status.
VLSP does NOT handle: Criminal matters or fee generating cases; for example, suing for personal injury.